Ever so slowly she worked on a quilt.
Sigh. I was hoping to have all the appliqué flowers stitched in place and borders sewn on the Timeless Tradition quilt. But life happens. I came down with a killer of a headache Friday afternoon while visiting my son and his family at their home 2 hours from here. It was just a quick day trip hubs and I were taking. Saturday and Sunday the headache lingered on while I did all the tricks to try and relieve the stubborn thing.
Timeless Tradition is waiting for me. Before the headache, I did get all the flowers fused in place.
Monday, finally feeling better, I blanket stitched the blue flowers. But put it on hold because of a new project I agreed to do.
Sunday night I got a phone call asking if I had time to make a t-shirt quilt by Christmas. NO! was my first thought. But, the lady had the shirts all prepped – fused and cut, and my longarm quilting friend had told me about this possible quilt job a few weeks ago. We both figured it was not going to happen now that we are already in the month of December. The lady said the longarm quilter promised her she could finish it by Christmas, so I figured that meant I should go ahead and take the job. Guess what I was doing today? Yep, working on a t-shirt quilt. Got to rush through it and get back to the appliqué!
I am thinking I am legally crazy! Have you ever agreed to do something you thought was crazy?
Wish me luck on getting these done! And maybe I’ll have time to look for that flannel for the pj bottoms I promised to make.
How did I do on last week’s To-Do Tuesday List?
- Finish appliqué and outer borders for the Timeless Tradition quilt. NOPE! Appliqué in progress. ✗ Not to borders yet.
- Sew November Machine Quilting Block Party pattern. ✗
- Purchase December’s Machine Quilting Block Party pattern. ✔️
- I promised to make flannel pj bottoms for a young friend. I’ve misplaced the fabric! Got to find it! ✗
To-Do Tuesday List for this week:
- Piece new t-shirt quilt
- Keep plugging away on Timeless Tradition appliqués. Hopefully get to borders.
- Find that flannel for the pj bottoms!