Let me share with you a surprise gift from my husband! Over the course of last year, I talked a bit about sit down quilting machines. I was curious about them, the price, the space, etc. and I shared what I learned with Hubs. He, in turn, started researching them online. While out and about we stopped at a couple quilt shops, which just happened to also be sewing machine dealers. I got to try out Janome Artistic, Handi Quilter and Gammill. What I didn’t know was that Hubs contacted a Janome and Baby Lock dealer in the city where he works, and was convinced that the Baby Lock Tiara III would be just the machine for me! He found a slightly used one online and Was I Ever Surprised When UPS Delivered It To My Door!
I’ve been playing on sandwiched muslin.
I’m still tweaking the tension. Tiara for some reason does not like the cone of thread I bought, as it keeps breaking at the needle. But spools of thread work fine, even metallic thread!
Above is first lesson from the Facebook Sit Down FMQ group, I’m just practicing on muslin. And as you can see, I’m stitching over older stitching.
Above is a peak at some (kind of OK) quilting I have done on 2 charity quilts.
Forgive the horrible photo, above is the being of the sampler for the Facebook Sit Down FMQ lessons. I have to learn to relax, and enjoy this FMQ!
How was your week?
How did I do on last week’s To-Do-Tuesday list?
- Next step in sofa slip cover. Buy muslin to sew up 3 pillows covers. ✗
- I have so many things I want to get to – I’m a little overwhelmed right now with which to do next! FMQ sampler is one. ✔️Pulled and marked fabric for this project, and completed lessons 1-6.
- Start a new quilt? or start quilting a finished top? ✔️Since I left this rather open-ended, I’ll claim success because I pulled out 3 charity quilts to work on.
This week’s To-Do Tuesday List :
- Pillow case sewing with friend.
- Continue working on charity quilts.
- Continue work on FMQ sampler.
Linking to To-Do Tuesday List.