Amy over at 13 Spools shared a list of her little quilty secrets
and now Christa from Christa Quilts has also shared her secrets. I think these are fun and decided to join in with my own list.
1. I prefer hand stitched bindings but will do a flange binding to get a job done quickly.
2. I can’t create in a messy cluttery space, it puts me in a funk.
3. Gray is my catch all thread for piecing.
4. I’m falling in love with Simplistic quilts, or Minimalist quilts, whatever you want to call them.
5. Basting a quilt in any method scares me.
6. Straight line walking foot quilting is my new ‘go to’ method to finish a quilt.
7. One day I will actually take the time to learn and improve my free motion quilting skills.
8. I love playing with all the different rulers and gadgets on the market.
9. I don’t keep scraps. If I can’t find someone to give them to, I pitch them.
10. I make the binding for a quilt once the top is completed, then quilt it. It seems like such a big deal to have to stop and make a binding after the quilt is quilted.
11. I want to use up my stash and then only buy for a project.