As 2015 rolls to an end and 2016 begins, I’ve looking around my sewing room, planning new projects, and wondering why some of my past projects have stalled. Many call them WIP – Works in Progress, or UFOs Unfinished Objects. I’m just going to be real here and say I have projects that I love, but for one reason or another they have Stalled! In 2016 I want to get back to them and finished them up! Do you think listing them will help? Let’s just go with the top 5 Stalled WIP that I would like to get back to and finish.
Top 5 Stalled WIP
- Tilt-A-Whirl, paper pieced pattern by Amy Gibson, I’m calling it Whirled Peas because I’m using vegetable prints.
- Dancing Stars, paper pieced from Amy’s Creative Side
- Dresden Star by Edyta Sitar, table runner (sorry no photo)
- Sew Kind of Wonderful Curve It Up Quilt, just needs outer border
- Sew Kind of Wonderful Dot-to-Dot
Curve it Up blocks, hmmm, I can’t find the picture of the top, I’ll share one once the border is complete.
Dot-to-Dot, this is the first of two quilts, I need to finish the second one which is a pile of blocks right now!
Another category I see when looking around my sewing room is gadgets. Apparently I’m a gadget girl. I think it comes from several years of
playing working at a quilt shop where I taught classes and did Saturday demos of rulers, templates, & various techniques. I could make a long list of the rulers and templates I have purchased over the past 6 months since retiring from the local quilt shop.
- Jaybird Quilts – Sidekick and Super Sidekick
- Kites Plus by Kari Carr for Creative Grids
- 60º Triangle 12″, Creative Grids
- Sew Kind of Wonderful Quick Curve Mini Ruler
- 30º Triangle 19.5″, Creative Grids
- Squedge 18º, by Phillips Fiber Art
- Curvy Log Cabin Trim Tool by Creative Grids
- Marti Michell Tumbler 2″ to 5.5″
- If I dig deeper, yes there are more …
Along with the rulers, I have also purchased patterns and fabric for new projects. So that would be a third list – projects I want to start!
- Sew Kind of Wonderful: Mini Pumpkins (my daughter wants a table runner), Mini Rings, Mini Scope
- Creative Grids 30ºRuler: Cut Loose Press: Table Treasure Table Runner, Selvage Star Pillow
- Creative Grids Curvy Log Cabin Trim Tool: Carousel, Squiggles
- of course there are plans for all the lovely gadgets I have purchased, lets just save that for another post, perhaps at they happen!
Plans for the New Year
- Finish the Top 5 Stalled Projects
- Continue working on current projects, oops, that would be another list!
- Continue the One Block Wonder BOM
- Participate in the Tribal Block Club
- Keep the creativity flowing!
Are you planning any special quilting projects for the New Year?
Ringing in the New Year! Happy 2016!